Before the course
- Valid criminal record (no older than 3 months) / Members of LE-Units: copy of Member ID
- Copy of a passport or two-sided ID (students have to be at least 18 year old)
- Flight/train tickets if not included in the course fee (for transport arrangements / pick-up and drop-off service)
- European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or other private insurance
In case of the following courses, previous experience with firearms would be beneficial, however, it is not required to participate:
- Tactical Pistol Shooting Level I
- Mixed Weapon Shooting Level I
- Close Protection Operative
In case of the following courses, previous subject experience is recommended:
- Tactical Pistol Shooting Level II – it is beneficial to start with: Tactical Pistol Shooting Level I
- Mixed Weapon Shooting Level II – it is beneficial to start with: Mixed Weapon Shooting Level I
- Close Protection Operator – it is beneficial to start with: FREC Course in case of SIA Licensing
- Counter Terror – it is beneficial to start with: Mixed Weapon Shooting Level I & II
The core of European Security Academy are educational programs upgrading credentials required to apply for specific jobs within security and defense industry or to increase knowledge and precision in case of joining shooting course.
Please note: Shooting courses offered by ESA are not preparation courses to apply for license of weapon-carry neither do they allow you carry any weapon. If you want to apply for such specific course please contact your local authority and visit such specific course in Switzerland.
Participating and finishing in one of our courses does not garantuee you a job oportunity.
The sooner, the better. ESA-Switzerland does announce a deadline for course registration of min. 6 weeks before course start. Students who have paid advance payment can be sure that they are on the list. It is hard to predict when a particular course will be fully booked as it depends on many factors. For example we have a minimum limit of of participants for courses as follows:
- FREC: 1
- TCCC: 1
- Shooting: 7
- Counter Terror: 1
- Poaching Prevention: 1
Swiss Citizens (holding a Swiss Passport) do not need any Visa to enter Poland.
- Date: The day before the course starts
- Time: 17:00 – 18:00
- Place: Poznan Airport Ławica (POZ)
- Arrival Terminal
- Meeting point: in front of “SO COFFEE” cafe
- Exact pick-up time depends on many factors. When sending you planned pick-up time, we will send you photos showing the meeting point as well.
- Date: The day after the course ends
- Time: 08:30 – 09:30
- Usually, it takes around 1-1.5 hours to get to the airport, therefore it is safe to book a return ticket the day after the course later than afternoon.
Please arrive at ESA Campus the day before the course around 18:30.
Training Center / Palace Complex:
63-130 Ksiaz Wielkopolski - Poland
GPS: 52.033208, 17.207765
You can leave the campus the day after the course, after breakfast.
These will be useful during the course:
- Tactical Clothes (you can buy them at KNIGHTGUARD Shop in Opfikon or at ESA Shop in Poznan)
- Tactical Gloves (you can buy them at KNIGHTGUARD Shop in Opfikon or at ESA Shop in Poznan)
- Sturdy Belt (you can buy them at KNIGHTGUARD Shop in Opfikon or at ESA Shop in Poznan)
- Tactical Shoes (you can buy them at KNIGHTGUARD Shop in Opfikon)
- Toiletries and towel/s
- Clothing suitable for weather
- Sports clothes (optional / for the gym / basketball)
- Sunglasses (optional)
In case of Close Protection Operative course:
- 2 passport size photographs
- Suite and tie or other business elegance clothes for practical tasks / VIP Protection
- PC / Personal Computer or optionally tablet or good quality phone (recommended but not required)
There is no one defined scale for Physical Abilities for each and every student coming to our Academy. Nevertheless, we believe that candidates must have general self-awareness in this matter. If you can maintain 45 min of moderate physical activity of any type (jogging, team sport, march in the terrain) you should be fine. Different scale appears for Courses such as Counter Terrorism.
Please contact us (email@example.com) and provide as much information as possible, such as:
- how many students there might be,
- date of the course,
- type of the course,
- previous experience of the group.
Due to „Federal Act on private Security Services provided abroad“, we are obliged to inform the FDFA about groups or individuals registering for professional education/training in regards of their professional career/upgrade by Unit Name, Name per Person etc.
The course language is German and English (based on course you choose). We require effective communication in English. In case of some courses, we also provide study materials in English. In case of accredited courses, there are written exams in English (CPO, TCCC). For more specific information we also consult you personally.
During the course
We dedicate 10 hours per day for the training. There are breaks for meals as below:
- 07:30 breakfast
- 13:00 lunch
- 18:30 dinner
- Full board (3 meals a day)
- Necessary equipment/gears
- Airport pick-up/drop-off available for free (only according to the scheduled plan)
- Certificates and accredited diplomas, in case of some courses
- Internet access
- Study materials (in case of some courses)
- Postal service (in case of sending accredited certificates)
- Hairdryer available (please ask Facility Manager)
- Laundry service available at extra cost (10 EUR, 40 PLN, 15 USD, 12 GBP)
- Additional transport and ticketing service available at extra cost, if needed
- ESA marchandise avalable at extra cost, if needed
The fee for the course includes accomodation an in some cases also flight tickets (Shooting Courses). In the majority of cases, we offer double rooms. However, multiple rooms may happen as well.
The fee for the course includes full-board accomodation (three meals per day/buffet meal.
- 07:30 breakfast
- 13:00 lunch
- 18:30 dinner
Coffee, tea and water is available 24/7.
You can buy snacks at ESA shop (some bars and beverages).
Note: The consumption of alcohol is on all ESA-Facilities strictly forbidden.
- Put Your laundry in the bag (you will find the bag in your wardrobe)
- Take the bag to reception and inform Facility Manager or Facility Assistant
- Extra fee for these services is 20 EUR, 80 PLN, 25 USD, 15 GBP
There are two options.
I option: Firstly, after having registered over euseca.ch you need to pay an advance payment that is 50% of course fee. Then your place is booked on the system. Secondly, you must pay the remaining amount at least 6 weeks before the course starts.
II option: Alternatively, after having registered you may pay the full amount at once. Then, you place is booked. No matter which option you choose, you are obliged to pay full amount for the course/es 6 weeks before course starts. It is higly reccommended to pay via BANK TRANSFER. You will receive our banking details on the INVOICE sent to you by E-Mail.
Please inform us in advance in case you need an Invoice for your company as follows: Company Name, Company Adress, VAT No., Personal details about Participant, Copy of Duty License (if available).
Company Details - Poland HQ:
European Security Academy Limited Partnership
Powstańców Śląskich 202
After the completion of an accredited course, certificates issued by Awarding Bodies are sent free of charge.
- Level 3 International Certificate in Close Protection Operative (CPO)
- Level 3 Certificate in First Response Emergency Care (FREC)
Bear in mind that we send accredited certificates at least a week after the course ends.
- Highfield (HABC)
- Qualsafe Awards (QA)
- Security Industry Authority (SIA)
- Security Training Authority (STA)
- Pearson Edexcel (BTEC)
- Association of First Aiders (AoFA)
- City & Guilds
- Member of International Code of Conduct Association (ICoCA)
- Federal Department for Foreign Affairs – Switzerland (ESA-Switzerland)