This course will be taught using theoretical and practical exercises. The lectures will be conducted in the classroom, urban area and shooting range.
Final training exercise will contain IN TOWN EXERCISE - training in realistic every day situation. The course will be given in ESA Training Center with the use of ESA equipment.
Be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
Casual clothing (no jeans), rain/weather gear and business clothing (slacks, jacket, tie and appropriate shoes), Tactical pants, Tactical belt, Sport shoes and uniform, laptop/smartphone.
Impeccable reputation. Clean criminal record. No mental issues.
Topics -- CP Specialist Module
- Roles and Responsibilities of the Close Protection Operative
- Threat and Risk Assessment
- Surveillance Awareness
- Operational Planning
- Law and Legislation
- Interpersonal Skills
- Close Protection Teamwork and Briefing
- Conduct Reconnaissance
- Close Protection Foot Drills
- Route Selection
- Close Protection Journey Management
- Search Procedures
- Incident Management
- Venue Security
- Unarmed combat
- Human Rights
Topics -- Conflict Management Module
- Avoiding Conflict and Reducing Personal Risk
- Defusing Conflict
- Resolving and Learning from Conflict
- Application of Communication Skills and Conflict Management for Security Guarding and Close Protection